Quantification of habitat heterogeneity
Evaluation of its potential as a proxy for biodiversity
Work package WP2 quantifies habitat heterogeneity:
- Adapting terrestrial landscape ecology metrics based on categorical maps
- Using geostatistical descriptions based on spatially continuous variables
- Combining both techniques through the use of fuzzy classification schemes
- Testing the correlation of these parameters with traditional biodiversity indices.
- Using landscape ecology indices to improve predictions on megafauna distribution and diversity